Greg’s current credentials
Owner of Kayak Waveology, Greg’s been teaching sea kayaking for over 15 years. Known for his calm and patient manner, Greg has a way of challenging people to do things they didn’t think they could do. And that goes for telemark skiing too where Greg is a PSIA level III instructor and on the DCL Education Staff. For tide race, surf training, and British Canoeing work in Southern New England, Greg is the premier instructor in the area.
Paddle Sport Credentials:
- Organizer and head coach of the Autumn Gales, rough water symposium, 12 year annually.
- International Coaching experience. BCU coach at the following international events. Anglesey N. Wales (SKUK), Isle Of Man, Spain (Pagaia), Canada, Bay Of Fundy, and Chile, Southern Patagonia.
- British Canoeing International Guide 2019
- BCU 5 Star Sea, 2006
- ISKGA. Advanced Guide / Trainer. International Sea Kayaking Guides Association 2016
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR since year 2000
- UKCC Level 3 performance paddle sports coach 2016.
- BCU Advanced Water Coach. Endorsement 2014.
- BCU Coach 4 Sea, 2008
- BC Advanced Sea Kayak Leader Provider. 2020
- BC Sea Kayak Leader Provider. 2014
- BCU Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning Provider, 2016
- ACA Level 5 Advanced Open Water Instructor, 2006
- BCU 3 Star Open Canoe, 2013.
British Canoeing International Course Provider
- BC Advanced Personal Performance and Leadership awards in Sea Kayaking. Trainer and Assessor.
- BC Moderate Water Sea Kayak Coach, Tutor and Assessor.
- BC Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning.
- BC Guide Module Provider and Assessor.
- PSIA DCL. Education Staff Team Member, Telemark, 2018
- PSIA Telemark Ski Instructor. Level III, 2014
- Director of Telemark skiing, Bromley Mt, Peru VT, 2014. “The oldest Telemark school in North America”
Based in New England USA, Greg is a BC/UKCC L3 Performance Coach & AWE. British Canoeing Provider for the Sea Kayak Leader award, Personnel Performance awards, and Safety Award CNTP. As well as an ACA Level 5 Advanced Water Coach. (Aspirant Advance Sea Kayak Leader assessor and Moderate Water Coach Educator).
Greg grew up around the waters of the New England coast line USA. He is a frequent visitor to many places in the world for sea paddling. Whether it is for coaching or expeditions. Some his favorites are Anglesey N. Wales, Isle of Man, Scottish Western isles Outer Hebrides and the Roof of Scotland, Tierra del Fuego Southern Patagonia Chile, Down East Maine, Costa Brava Spain, Canadian Maritimes/ Bay of Fundy, SW Ireland, Shetland Islands, and Iceland. During the summer months you can find him running his coaching and adventure sports company Kayak Waveology. Working performance and BC courses on Rhode Island surfing beaches and in his local Tidal Race waters in and around Fishers Island Sound, USA.
As a highly regarded performance coach in a few sport disciplines, Sea kayaking and Telemark skiing. Greg has had the pure enjoyment of coaching and inspiring thousands of folks in their chosen sport discipline around the world. Known for his calm and patient manner, Greg has a way of challenging people to do things they didn’t think they could do. He has always enjoyed passing on his gained knowledge as a sea kayaking coach and guide. Observing his work and watching people grow into their skills, knowledge of the environment they work in, working safely, and reaching their goals. This fact alone keeps him growing, motivated, and advancing in his coaching studies.
Greg’s boats of choice are the Explorer and Romany Surf. The Explorer for big water and heavy weather, a great do everything boat. The Romany Surf for rock hopping and surf work. Favorite paddle is the Celtic 700 pro range one-piece 208cm crank shaft at 60-degree feather. When flying abroad, same paddle but a four-piece set up.
Paula’s current credentials
- BCU 5 Star Leader. Isle Of Man, 2013
- BCU New 4 Star Leader. Anglesey N. Wales, 2011
- BCU Coach 2, Transferring to UKCC L2
- Registered Maine Guide
- ACA L 5, Advanced Water Instructor. 2015
- ACA L 4, Open Water Instructor, since 2006
- ACA Adaptive Paddling Instructor
Paula is quite at home playing in the surf zones, and is very proficient at it, you usually hear some hooting when she hit the sweet spot on a good wave while surfs in control. She has grace and style as an up an coming BCU coach, says coaches from Anglesey N. Wales.
She is a prime example of not using brute strength, but rather skill and technique, which speaks to the female and male paddlers alike.
NDK Boats we have in stock